Monday, June 7, 2010

Vegetarian Stir Fry

The boys are gone for the week, so I can be a bit more adventurous with my cooking and not have to worry about also throwing together some PB&J sandwiches for the little picky eaters... well, picky eater - Lyric will eat ANYTHING. :-)

I used:
-fresh pineapple
-red pepper
-corn (frozen)
-jasmine rice
-Morningstar Farms chik'n strips
-teriyaki sauce



Sizzle sizzle.


Finished product.


Unfortunately, one of my least favorite pregnancy side effects that I am experiencing is a complete intolerance to vegetables. I have not been able to stomach any vegetable except for lettuce since about 10 weeks. Quite frankly, this makes me very upset because I used to be quite the veggie lover. Needless to say, I ate some rice and that was about it... after about 3 bites of my stir fry I was on the verge of sickness. :( However, Brent enjoyed it - his first ever experience with meatless meats! and he ate it, so YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment