Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sunny Days

Today was absolutely gorgeous!

I was feeling adventurous so I made french toast for breakfast! (no pic, sorry!) Brent thought it was delicious, but I thought it was a bit too sweet - I added powdered sugar and syrup to my pieces, so I only had about half of one piece.

After breakfast we ventured to Island Park to check out the Farmer's Market. We were both extremely impressed! LOTS of fresh, locally grown fruits and veggies to choose from and one farmer even offered beef from his own farm!!! YAY! We will definitely be going back next week (they are only open on Thursdays in Mount Pleasant) to pick up some delicious goodies!

Then we decided to take a nice long walk (I would guess about 1.5 miles) around Island Park.


We finished our walk around noon and decided we were both kind of hungry. Out of laziness and the want to not spend money on groceries right now (we FINALLY got approved for our bridge card [food stamps, for the non-Michigan readers] and we should get the card in the mail tomorrow!) So we decided to treat ourselves to a lunch out (again... normally we don't eat out often, I promise). We settled on the Grand Traverse Pie Company, a restaurant similar to Panera Bread. Plus, we got discounts for being students (good thing a student ID doesn't have an expiration date ;))

I settled on the GT Club - turkey, swiss, romaine lettuce, tomato, and pesto with a side of pickle and chips.


I only ate about 1/2 the bag of chips. And, of course, dessert. Oatmeal cherry cookie!

DELICIOUS. I will make these homemade one of these days. :)

Shortly after returning home, Brent had to go to work. I took a nap :-).

For dinner I had huge craving for rice. Luckily, after digging in the pantry I found a package of Rice Sides - Broccoli Cheddar sitting in the back. While they aren't the greatest nutrition wise, I am very excited to eat them right now!


I will be leaving in the morning for the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to visit some of Brent's family and to join the celebrations at his step-sisters graduation party on Sunday! Brent will be left here to fend for himself (work is unfortunately more important than traveling) and I am excited to see how well I can stick to healthy eating when I'm not in my own environment! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment