Saturday, June 26, 2010

potato love

I have been on a giant "I have to be in the kitchen" kick recently. I'm not sure if it's a nesting thing caused by pregnancy or because I just want to cook and try new things? or it could be I'm just trying to occupy my time since Brent got promoted to full time and I have nothing else to do to while he is away. Maybe all of the above? Either way, I am loving it and so is Brent, obviously. :)

Yesterday he ended up opening the store (which was wonderful because he almost always closes and making a nice meal for myself isn't always super fun) AND because Megan was coming up for the weekend so I could make a really nice meal for everyone to enjoy.

I started cooking, and then got a text from Megan apologizing that she wouldn't be up this weekend. Totally understandable, seeing as how life seems to be in a slump for most of my friends now-a-days, especially sad because everything was looking so up and happy for a change. Le sigh. Nonetheless, dinner must go on!

We had BBQ pork chops (crock pot style), baked potatoes, corn, salad, and a fruit mix.



I ended up eating my potato loaded with butter, sour cream, and cheese. YUM. I am such a potato nut. In my salad was a mix of romaine and spinach with cucumber, cherry tomatoes (buried), and a hard boiled egg topped with catalina dressing. Fruit was peaches and grapes... I had a plum too but my tummy could not wait for the picture so it was consumed before this shot ;)

For dessert I made funfetti cupcakes.. not extremely adventurous but the box and icing some how found its way into my cart at the store.. sneaky sneaky.



They were delicious nonetheless. :)

Overall great meal... unfortunately the storm or ridiculous drama that followed it kind of ruined the evening, so maybe it was better that Megan wasn't here. Such is life, I suppose. Brent is once again slaving away at work so I may go try a new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment