Tuesday, June 8, 2010

South of the Border

We were feelin' tacos tonight, but since we have started our healthy eating adventure we had to spice it up a little and change what we normally do. As it turns out, we liked the new, healthy version MUCH MUCH better!

Used:
-whole wheat tortillas
-fresh chopped romaine lettuce
-Jennie-O ground turkey breast
-shredded colby jack cheese
-homemade seasoning: paprika, ground red pepper, chili powder
-mild ortega taco sauce



Finished product.


The turkey was delicious! In my opinion, it tasted much better than beef and it sits much lighter in your stomach after you are done eating. I would highly recommend it! :-)

I also went on a shopping spree in the cooking isle today and stocked up on lots of new spices... and yeast! One of my next ventures is to make my own bread!! I'm really excited about all the recipes I am finding and very excited that Brent wants to try them as well.. his eating habits sure have changed since we started dating :-)

Tomorrow will be another fun filled day because we are checking out Trader Joe's with Megan! I am hoping to make lots of great finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment