Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quick and Easy

It has been forever and a day since I last posted here, I apologize! I swear I haven't stopped cooking, but I've been having more really weird cravings and lots of aversions. I've also been feeling nauseous almost all the time and haven't felt up to photographing food or getting big into preparation.

However, here are a few things that I've put together that are quick and easy!


Fruit Kabobs
Simply take a skewer and put on any fruit that you like. Mine were for Brent's step-sister's, Haily, graduation party. They included a colby jack cheese cube, strawberries, grapes, and cantaloupe. They were a huge success!


Oreo Toads
Another favorite at the graduation party. This was Beth's (soon to be mom-in-law) idea, that she found on the interwebs! Start with an oreo cookie, smear some vanilla frosting on the back and attach two pretzels for the feet, then put a dab of frosting on the front and place two M&M's for the eyes. Definitely a hit with the kids!


Panini? Wrap?
I really wanted a turkey sandwich for lunch, but since I am not allowed to eat cold lunch meat at the time I had to get creative. I used a small flour tortilla, half a slice of provolone and a couple slices of turkey. Fold. Grill (I used the George Foreman).. I added a little mustard for dipping, a few chips and some natural cinnamon applesauce. Delicious!


Summertime!
This dinner screams summertime to me because I love the taste of barbeque. However, this one was made in the crockpot. I marinated a few chicken breasts in BBQ sauce for a few hours, then steamed some corn and green beans... and the staple, mashed potatoes! Seriously my favorite meal, ever!
Confession... those are Bob Evans instant mashed potatoes, which I am absolutely addicted to at the moment (and have been for quite some time), they are just soooo good. :)

aaaaaand, it could never be summertime without... WATERMELON! so delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment