Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's official!!!!

This came in the mail today:


This wonderful piece of paper that I have been working for the last five years, makes it official! I am a college graduate (as if sitting through three hours of rain, heavy winds, and sleet did not solidify it enough...)! I have it proudly displayed on the table in our living room so everyone can see it when they walk in... and by everyone, I mean Brent when he gets home from work :)

It's been awhile since my last update, but nothing has really happened.

It was wonderful to spend some time with Brent's family without Brent. This is the first relationship where I have felt comfortable enough to be with the family when the boyfriend wasn't around - I think this is a great thing :) Haily's party was also a success... as was ALL of the food that Beth, Haily, and I prepared. It was all also extremely delicious.

The week has been pretty slow since coming back to Mount Pleasant. I think my nesting has kicked in, because I have spent the past two days cleaning and organizing and baking. I just can't stop... and I LOVE it! :)

I have been feeling a little better. I think I just have some late coming morning sickness, only it happens throughout the day. I have noticed that it is worse if I go for periods of time without eating or drinking some water or milk. Because of this, I have started having a snack right before I go to bed... this has made the mornings a LOT easier and a LOT less nauseous!


Based on a comment, I figured I would throw out there that I have been using the Preggy Pops! I bought a package of the sucker version at Babies-R-Us a few months ago, and went through them pretty quickly. They did just what they are meant to do - ease the morning sickness feelings. They are made with all natural ingredients so they are also good for me! Then, while in Missouri Brent and I discovered a maternity store where they were selling this version - basically the same thing, but in small hard candy form. I LOVE them! They come in sour flavors which has been making my taste buds do a happy dance whenever I eat one, and they calm the nausea quite well! Overall, great find and I really like them!

Also, everyone... meet Ashley!

I have been getting questions regarding the "Ashley" that makes comments here, and would like to set it straight... this is a completely different Ashley (Ashley is also the name of the boys' mother...). Ashley is a friend I met through an online weight loss community that Megan and I started three years ago! She was one of our original members, and since then we keep in contact through the interwebs, facebook & blogs. :) Trust me, she is awesome! :)

Another new addition to our family is Neckles!

Brent and I also discovered a Build A Bear Workshop in Missouri, and at the time they happened to be doing a themed special - SAFARI! Of course, Brent could not resist in making me a giraffe since they are my absolute favorite!!! He even got him an argyle sweater vest to make him even more Brent-ish. He's so good to me! :) His name is Neckles, because he has freckles on his neck. Brent's idea.. I think it's totally cute!

In other news.. I am now over 18 weeks along. :) That means...
-Only 2 more weeks til we are halfway done!
-22 weeks to go! (it's going by so fast!)
-Exactly 5 months from today is my due date (yikes!)

Lots of planning and organizing and buying to do before then... better get on the ball :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey There
    Love that diploma We are very proud of you.
    It is very exciting to know you are half way
    to the delivery. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for graduation! I am jealous. Hopefully this time next year I can be displaying mine.

    I feel honored to be officially introduced in your blog! Even if it was just to settle confusion over the name. I was scrolling down the page when suddenly I saw my picture. I was taken a back for a second.

    I am glad you think I am awesome, cuz I think you and Megan are pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete