Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rainy Days


I am exhausted. I realized yesterday that there is only two weeks left until I graduate, that means in two weeks we will have a lot of family at our place to celebrate and visit and whatnot. and the place is TRASHED right now. Not terrible, but I'm usually picking up and putting stuff away daily and that just has not been happening. So I have been cleaning and organizing like CRAZY. The laundry was so piled up that I had FIVE loads to do this morning... oops. Good thing I haven't been going many places, because I've been putting the same sweatpants back on for about a week or so now and just changing my shirt (usually one of Brent's) and my undies... it's just more comfy that way. :-)

I did sort through some of the summer clothes. Luckily, last year I bought some flowy type tanks, which should work out pretty well this summer as my bump starts to grow. AND I have a super cute elastic waist black skirt thing that I can wear because I cannot imagine sweats being all too comfortable once July rolls around. I have decided that soon I am going to have to buy a BellaBand to wear around my pants because my jeans just do not want to button anymore, and if I do manage to squeeze them together it's too uncomfortable for me to wear for any real amount of time. I have also been interwebs shopping and I've been eying a few cute summer dresses!!!


Brent and I have also been discussing possibilities for our immediate future. We have talked to the office staff at our complex, and were basically told that if we want a 3-bedroom, we have to be put on a waiting list. The 3-bedroom with the extremely low rent ($480/month) very rarely become available, and our next option would be to wait for the next 3-bedroom that qualifies for the lower rent ($535//month), which are also hard to come by, or move into a regular 3-bedroom, which is available right now, and do become available often with a rent of $694/month. YIKES. Oh, and if we want to move before our lease ends (September 30) we have to pay a $200 transfer fee.

Well, right now we are paying $594/mo. rent, $20/mo. pet rent, plus about $200/mo. in utilities... that's about $800/month, not including our phone bill, Brent's car (which we only have ONE more payment for!), and insurance. SOOO, we were looking at other options.

Most 3-bedroom apartments in Mount Pleasant are college-student oriented, and have rent payments set up on a per person basis, and most complexes are not kid friendly. We decided that maybe a house would be a better option, and maybe something just outside of the city... away from the college life, but close enough we can still access everything in a short drive. We also figure that since Brent is getting promoted, we will probably be in the area for at least a few more years if not longer. It will just be easier on us since he has a gauntleted job here, rather than moving away and us both being unemployed with a baby(no, thank you).


Well, after looking around we found a house that we both really like!
It is in Alma... which is about 15 minutes from Mount Pleasant. It's a smaller community, but very nice. The house is 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath, with a full basement, and comes with all appliances (which were put in new in 2006). We sent an e-mail to the realtor and plan on going to look at it on Monday!


We have also decided on a car! We both really like the Chevy Uplander LT.
It is technically a passenger van, but we like how it more resembles an SUV and not a soccer-mom vehicle, because quite honestly I am not to the point where I could drive one of those right now (haha). We found one on a dealer website here in Mount Pleasant. The price of the one we found listed for $12,900 and is a 2006 with 77,500 miles on it, which is expensive but if we have an idea of what KIND of car we want we can have everyone else keep their eyes open for one as well. We are planning on going to look at the car on Monday as well! It does get good gas mileage (18/city and 25/hwy), has seating for 7, and has a DVD player in the back for Bean! We feel like this is really the car for us right now, so hopefully we can find one for a good price!

Things are starting to look up for us as we slowly figure things out and get what WE want situated. In 7 days May will be here, I can't believe how fast this year is flying by... and May will not be a slow month:

May 1 - Brent's last shift at Wal-Mart EVER.
May 5 - 2nd prenatal appointment! (12 weeks!)
May 8 - GRADUATION!!!!
May 15 - Coheed & Cambria concert!
May 19 - Mandy's birthday!
May 19 - OFFICIALLY IN MY 2ND TRIMESTER!!!!
May 25 - LEAVE FOR MISSOURI!!!
May 31 - HOME FROM MISSOURI!!!
June 1 - Brent is officially promoted to Assistant Manager at GameStop!
June 2 - 16 WEEKS! :)

I've been feeling a little better. I still get a little nauseous in the mornings, but I have energy to get up and do things throughout the day. I'm still really emotional, and have been experiencing some pregnancy rage (poor Brent!!!), which usually leads to me crying more. Food is starting to sit better. Not everything, but I managed to eat a good three meals yesterday, which is an accomplishment. Nothing still really sounds appetizing to me, but I usually end up nibbling off of whatever I make for Brent and at least it isn't upsetting my stomach so hopefully that part is on a downward slope and will be completely over soon! I still haven't experienced any throwing up, nosebleeds, or headaches... which is good, apparently I am one of the "lucky ones" according to the moms on a pregnancy website I am a member of. Things seem to be going more smoothly in general, so we are pretty happy about that. :-)

Now we just have to wait until Monday and hope everything works out in regards to the house and the car - fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment