Monday, April 12, 2010

Good News!

This update is kind of detailed, I would advise you to not read if you are eating or don't want to hear any dirty details... however, this is my place to blog about my pregnancy so I feel like I can't leave it out. :-)

have been feeling better the past couple of days, and the spotting is becoming less noticeable, still there, but decreasing. So I've been up doing a little more.. not overdoing, but not staying on the couTch all day.

Until earlier today.
I went to the bathroom and noticed a pinkish goo at the bottom of the stool. I immediately freaked out and called for Brent. He said he had no idea what it was (obviously), but that it kind of worried him too. We fished it out with a spoon, and it was pink and gooey. We assumed this meant that it was not the baby because there was no definite shape, and it was accompanied with no blood. However we still called the doctor's office - these people are probably going to start getting annoyed with us, oops. This time we spoke with Dr. Swartz (?). He was very very kind and helpful!

We told him about spotting for the past six days, about our ultrasound and the first visit, and about the pink goo in the toilet. He explained that since Dr. Elliot had noticed a tear on the ultrasound, that what we are noticing is GREAT news! He says that the placenta is just filling in the tear and reconnecting properly, but since the tear was created in the first place that some blood had built up and now it was just working its way out. He said that unless the blood became dark red (which it hasn't, it's been light pink) or if I experienced any cramping with my spotting (which I haven't) then I shouldn't worry at all!!! This also means that I should be fine to get up and move around a little more within the next few days! YAY!

We are so happy about this. :-)

On a side note, I started taking prescription prenatal vitamins, and apparently they have a stronger B-vitamin complex and they are giving my pee a funny green tint. He said that was also nothing to worry about... but still funny to mention. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment