Thursday, April 8, 2010

First Prenatal Visit!

Yesterday we had our first official prenatal doctor visit! Everything went very well. I had to sign about 100 different papers, but I got a lot of information.

Our doctor, Dr. Elliot, seems like he is going to be great to work with. He did the usual physical and checked everything, and he reported that everything looked and felt normal! The ultrasound from Tuesday was also normal! Unfortunately it did reveal that there was a small tear where the placenta connects to the uterus, which is why I've been spotting recently. He reassured us that there was nothing to worry about and that it would heal itself naturally. The only downside was I had to get more blood drawn, and a Rhogam shot because my blood is Rh-, which could have also been a contributing factor to all of this. I was also ordered to "bed rest" - not technically, but he said to lay low for the next 1-2 weeks. No strenuous activity, no lifting, no walking/any other exercise, no driving, etc. Basically relax and not do much.

This part of it is extremely difficult for me because I am always up doing something... cleaning, exercising, going to class, whatever.. I don't like just laying around all day. but it will be worth it! :)

Brent has been great!! Picking up around the house, cooking for me, or going out and getting the crazy foods that I think sound good.. but actually don't when he gets back with them.., and doing his best to make me happy and comfortable. I love him :)

We also bought our first baby clothes! It is an adorable (unisex) onsie with giraffes and other cute animals on it. We have it hanging in the living room for us to see since thats where we are spending the majority of our time these days. This goes on top of the wonderful Easter basket mom and Kevin bought for the baby which had a blanket, a baby book, Tigger, booties, and cleaning products. We are off to a great start. We are very very excited for the next seven months, and the years beyond! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment