Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Updates!

I have decided to totally revamp the blog and do things a little bit differently.

This blog was originally started as a way to document my pregnancy, but now that Elly is here with us I wanted to change things up a bit to reflect my journey as a new mom... including everything from my adventures with breast feeding, diaper changes, sharing (way too many) cute photos, family stories, and my cooking ventures and recipes. In order to do that I wanted to get a "fresh start" with a new background and layout, something a little more simple and easy to read. I have also imported everything from my food blog to this one so I only have one blog to worry about, this means that everything will be all together in one place! Makes life simple for everyone :)

Now, on to the important things!

Elly went in for her second check up with her pediatrician this morning and everything is looking great! Her weight is up to 4 lbs. 4.6 oz., so she still isn't back up to her birth weight BUT she is still gaining and she is doing excellent on her diet of strictly breast milk so we don't even have to worry about starting a formula supplement. YAY! She has also grown about an inch since her last appointment (last Tuesday)... I think she is growing longer instead of wider. I hope this changes soon because she cannot fit into any of the cute clothes that we have for her... even the preemie clothes are too big on her right now.

After being home for a week and a half now, I think we are finally getting the hang of things. We are those parents who are worrying about everything and have made several phone calls to the doctor, but that's okay. We have a schedule down for us alternating naps between Elly's feeding schedule and (thanks to my mom) the house still looks nice! :) Oh, and the cats have almost completely forgot about the fact that there is a new tiny human in the house... except they don't have 24 hour access to the rocking chair anymore.

I am doing fabulous! I am up and moving, probably better than I was two weeks ago. The end of pregnancy definitely took a huge toll on my body and I am happy to report that I am in a better mood, can sleep better (the little amount that I do get) and I can move around better now! I sometimes have pain and cramping in my incision area if I overdo it, but that doesn't happen too often. My two week check up is tomorrow afternoon so I will have a better idea of how well everything is progressing. The only downfall is that I still have not regained my appetite. I don't know if it is because I feel like I have a hundred other things to do besides eat or if I just have not gotten over my aversions/lack of appetite or a combination of both but I cannot wait to enjoy LOTS of food again. However, a combination of the low appetite, giving birth, and breast feeding I have already lost 20 pounds (I gained a total of 44 pounds during pregnancy), so I am halfway back to my pre-pregnancy weight!

Brent is also doing great! He is so wonderful with Elly and making sure she is always happy and taken care of. She definitely has won his heart over and it is absolutely adorable to watch them together. He was lucky enough to get a week and a half off after she was born to spend at home with us, but as of this week he is back to work.

I cannot believe that tomorrow Elly will already be TWO weeks old! Time is seriously flying. We are loving every minute of this exciting new journey. We are definitely very lucky to have such a wonderful little girl who is healthy and happy.


Love her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment