Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Days!


giggles!


Remember that smile I said we couldn't catch on camera. I finally got it! This face makes my heart smile. I love her so much! :)

Last night was the first time she slept really well at night. We had to wake her up to eat, but she fell right back to sleep every time. This has never happened before, but I hope the trend continues. I am thinking that caffeine may have been a factor in her nighttime fussiness, before yesterday I was drinking about a cup to a cup and a half of coffee a day, and she always got fussy at night. Yesterday I had no coffee and she slept like an angel. I'm going to try experimenting and not have caffeine for a few days and see if that really is what was causing it. No fun for me because I could definitely use caffeine right now... but if it's making her fussy then it's not worth it.

*Note: I am aware that I am allowed to have a small amount of caffeine every day, this was okay'd by our doctor, the nurses, and our lactation consultant. However, I did not have any caffeine throughout the entire pregnancy and I think that introducing it to her through the breast milk may be a bit much on her little system.

My goal for this week is to get our Christmas cards done. I am finding it hard to believe that it's already Thanksgiving week! I tried to convince Brent that we needed to go ahead and decorate and put the tree up, but Scrooge said we couldn't until Thanksgiving was over. Lame. :P

I think we are planning on braving the grocery store today and hoping it won't be too busy or too cold outside.

2 comments:

  1. My mom put up the Christmas tree and decorations this weekend, it's so weird. I'm so glad you mentioned Christmas cards because I really really need to get started on them!! I have a feeling they are up north though, which might mean a visit from yours truly in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought the last bit we needed for our homemade cards. I Frankenstein-ed that one idea I posted about, with another. I think they are coming along well, just time consuming.

    There is a scrooge in this house too. All I want to do is put up garlands outside and holiday lights... but no! He grumbles every time we go into stores that have a Christmas song playing too.

    Which came first, the giggle picture or the serious face? She looks very fed up in the serious photo! The giggle picture just made me melt. I felt like hot chocolate on the inside. It was a great way to wake up this morning.

    ReplyDelete