Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two Weeks


Yesterday (Wednesday) was my official due date. Instead we celebrated Elly turning two weeks! We even made cookies and had a special pre-Thanksgiving with Aunt Kristin and Uncle Brad.

I cannot say it enough, but time is seriously flying. I still cannot believe that she is already two weeks old. I still cannot believe that she is our baby and that she is here with us, very happy and healthy. She is absolutely perfect and we love her so much!

We are still new to the whole parenting thing and we learn new and exciting things everyday. Like the fact that boys are not the only ones who shoot pee at you when you change their diapers, little girls are perfectly capable of that as well. Or that they can (and will) poop twice during their bath. Also that they are very confused when it comes to night and day. Let's not forget the mass number of people who will stop you, no matter where you are or what you are doing, to dote on and stare at our little girl.

Brent and I are still very sleep deprived, but she is worth every minute of it and every sleepless night. We catch naps when we can, but since she is on a strict 2-hour feeding schedule it is difficult for me to really catch up on sleep. However, today we met with our lactation consultant and she said that since Elly is doing such a great job with the breast feeding and since she is now two weeks we can introduce a bottle (filled with my pumped milk). This means that for one feeding a day Brent can just use the bottle and I can hopefully get a little extra sleep.

I had my two week check up today with Dr. Elliot. Everything is looking great and he said my incision is healing ahead of schedule, so that is good news. He also said that he got the placenta report back and Elly was not suffering from IUGR as it was previously thought, she was just a small baby. This explains why she was still so healthy and had very little complications despite being two weeks early and having such a low birth weight. More good news! I was also complimented for how quickly I am losing my pregnancy weight and that I am keeping my blood pressure low! Overall, I would say we are all doing a fantastic job.

We would also like to thank everyone again for all of the love and support that you have given us. We really appreciate it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Twice in one bath? Such a little poo machine! Go mama with super healing, and your weight loss so far!! Keep it up and you'll be past your pre-pregnancy weight.

    I am excited that you guys were able to get her weight up without having to switch/add any kind of formula. I want my babies to be on breast milk for at least a year. But I have a feeling our kids are gonna be fatties!

    As always Berke and I come up with our little captions for all of her pictures. The way her head is slightly tilted and she is looking up at you, we thought it looked like she is thinking "Not more pictures Ma! I just want to snuggle!"

    ReplyDelete