Friday, November 19, 2010

Guess Who's Back?!

Betty Crocker is in THE HOUSE!

During my pregnancy I found I had a passion for cooking and baking. I had always liked to cook and bake, but had never really experimented with recipes or tried new things. Also, most of my baked goods came from a box. I was a little worried that my new found love for making homemade goodies was only a symptom of nesting and that I would lose interest once Elly was here.

I was wrong.

I cannot say that I have really branched out much since Elly was born. In fact, up until a few days ago I have not even had an appetite. I know that I should be eating (especially since I am exclusively breast feeding) but I have not really felt hungry. I think it is mostly because I feel like I have a ton of other things that I need to be doing. Well, that is starting to change because I am noticing that I am becoming almost ravenous and I'm eating what I want, when I want. Luckily, it has been mostly healthy. :)

Today I made pigs in a blanket for lunch. I had it with some left over chili (that I made a few days ago). No part of this was healthy, but it tasted so good! I also made chocolate chip cookies on Wednesday... the whole batch (2 dozen) has already been devoured. I am making barbeque chicken and baked potatoes for dinner with cupcakes for dessert. I am cheating and making funfetti cupcakes, but that's only because I still have a mix in the pantry and I'm trying to clean things out a bit. However, I am also going to experiment with a new recipe for oatmeal pumpkin spice cookies. I will post a review (and recipe) if they turn out delicious!

I am also excited that I can drink coffee and eat cookie dough again. The simply joys in life... :)

And because no post is complete without a baby picture, here is my current favorite!

Elly and Leela sharing a moment.
Elly's face is priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for eating!!! MMMM cookies. It sounds like is gonna be a good recipe. I am in the process of determining what baked goods I am doing for the holidays. And I still need to try the pumpkin roll you posted. I am slacking this week!

    ReplyDelete