Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Invisible Ice Cream Cone

I am 3 weeks old today!

This picture makes me laugh. I loved it even before Ashley pointed out that it looks like Elly is eating an invisible ice cream cone. I cannot deny that I lived on ice cream for a good portion of my pregnancy, so Elly must just have an early taste for the delicious dairy treat. I'm okay with that.

I am not okay with the fact that she is already THREE weeks old. Time is flying by way too fast, and I feel like I'm going to blink my eyes and she'll be graduating high school or something ridiculous. I am trying to savor every minute and capture lots of pictures (and now videos!) so I can always look back on these precious first weeks when she is really started to develop and discover new things.















Elly loves her Boppy (and her name letters from "Aunt" Ashley)!






Photo shoot with Mommy and Daddy! We love her so much.

As mentioned previously, we took Elly in for a check up yesterday and things went much better than we could have hoped! We absolutely love her pediatrician. He was so confident in her (and us), and things worked out perfectly. He never once suggested that we add formula to her diet, and while the every 2-hour feeding schedule was grueling it was definitely worth it. She has surpassed her birth weight by almost four ounces, and continues to grow! Aside from her weight, everything else was great as well. We are very happy about this and very lucky to have such a wonderful, healthy little girl.

We are also noticing that she is hitting all of her developmental milestones. She is having lots more awake time during the day and has slept better the past couple of nights, only waking up to feed. She is showing lots of personality and different expressions. And she is raising and holding her head a lot better!
She lifted her head off my chest all by herself!

Tomorrow is also a big day: Elly's FIRST THANKSGIVING! Grandma (Sherry) and Aunt Whitney are coming up to have lunch with us and then Brent, Elly, and myself are going to see Harry Potter. We feel it is very important to introduce Elly to Harry Potter at a young age since that is where her name came from (Emmeline - a member of the first Order, she was only mentioned briefly in the books.)

I hope everyone else (in America) has a wonderful holiday and enjoys a delicious feast!

I know I'm cute.
I also know I already have Daddy wrapped around my little finger. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment