Friday, July 2, 2010

Strange Creations

My eating habits have been less than stellar recently, but I'm managing to fit my weird cravings into somewhat healthy creations.

I threw this together, getting the idea from Megan who eats peanut butter/honey sandwiches. Only, I added the combo to a banana. It ended up being really good, so I am excited to buy more bananas and have it again!


I've also been going crazy over hard boiled eggs, and I've really been craving a big, juicy turkey sandwich (since I make Brent one almost everyday), but cannot stand the thought of a hot sandwich... I decided to steam some meat and make a chef salad combining all my favorites: romaine, spinach, egg, turkey, roast beef, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber all topped with catalina dressing! It was delicious, but the heated meat still kind of threw me off.


And I have also been feeling a lot like Betty Crocker recently. In the past few days I have made: broccoli cheese soup, cheeseburger macaroni, tacos with beans and rice, spaghetti, chocolate chip cookies, countless salads, fruit plates, and chocolate chip muffins!

I was quite pleased with how the muffins came out. I am also glad that I am channeling my chocolate cravings into delicious creations!









Brent and I also went to the doctor yesterday and we are officially having a little girl!!!! She is quite the wiggle worm, already being silly just like her daddy and just as stubborn as her mommy - it took over an hour to get all the necessary pictures and measurements because she kept rolling around. We are SO excited! :)

1 comment:

  1. OHH MAN! Those bananas look sooo good! I wish I could eat them.

    I don't know how much you like dark chocolate, but it so good for you compared to other chocolates. It can be quite decadent, and I know for me, if I am craving chocolate and I eat a little dark chocolate I am satisfied. You can get Dove Dark Chocolate bars for like 50 cents at WalMart.

    ReplyDelete