Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's grey outside

It went from being a hot, humid, sunny 92* yesterday to a completely dark grey, rainy 69* today. While it doesn't make for good weather, the cooler temps and the sounds of the rain seem to be more motivating to me than the extreme heat.

As promised, yesterday's lunch consisted of 1/2 a chicken spinach pita (picture in the previous post). Unfortunately, this time it tasted terrible and I only managed a few bites. Pregnancy can be lame at times.

Dinner, as mentioned, was steak! It was SO good. Definitely exactly what my body needed because my headache went away and I have had more energy today than I've had in about a week. Guess red meat is good for the body.









Served with mashed potatoes and a side salad (spinach, romaine, cuc, catalina). We will definitely be getting more steaks on our next trip to the store.

Late night snacks included ice cream, chicken nuggets, and some grapes. :)

Today is shaping up to be wonderful, aside from the weather and the fact that Brent works all day (9-5)... but I am getting a LOT accomplished. I have the house almost completely cleaned back up (and it was looking like quite the disaster area), dinner in the crock pot (CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS!!!! omg, yay!), and I am about to embark on some cookies. I do plan on making the bread I mentioned earlier, but I realized that I need a loaf pan before starting such a wonderful adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment