Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Betty Crocker

Being pregnant means that everything is not always about yourself. Well, this has certainly proven true throughout my pregnancy this far. Beannette has intensified my sweet tooth by a ton, but has made it almost impossible for me to drink any beverage that has been sweetened (chocolate milk, juice, etc.)... which I find strange, but I roll with it.

I've also been hit hard with the nesting symptom. While most of this has been directed toward the kitchen as I spend countless hours baking, digging through cookbooks and online recipes, and cooking new and delicious meals; I have noticed that all I want to do is organize and get things ready for when she gets here. This is difficult since we plan on moving so soon after her birth, but I think in my haste to get everything perfect I have found our perfect apartment for when we do move in March!

However, this blog is not for that and I will focus on my ridiculous baking splurges.

I have decided, through my college education, common knowledge, and food movies/books/blogs, that I will never again buy boxed mixes for baked goods. Homemade tastes better and has better nutritional value.

That being said I have been experimenting hard core in the baking department. My adventures have included:
Cinnamon Rolls

Brownies

Vast amounts of cookies













Everything was so good and went over extremely well with Brent and his co-workers... obviously I didn't want the baked goods to pile up too much around the house so I sent some to work with him.

I have also discovered how much I really love to bake! I used to think it was fun, opening the packages and stirring in an egg... but actually making everything yourself is much, much more satisfying.

Note: all of these recipes are from a general cookbook, but if you would like me to post it just leave a comment and let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment