Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pork and Beans

It has been forever since we've had a decent burger and Brent was really craving one so we went to the store and bought some natural, grass-fed beef and came home and put it on the Foreman.

He spiced the meat with crushed red pepper, seasoning salt, black pepper, and paprika. Instead of sprinkling it on while cooking, he mixed it all in with the raw beef before forming the patties.

His was served on a whole wheat bun with provolone, spinach, mustard, and ketchup; with a side of natural vegetable chips made from potatoes, tomatoes, and spinach. He also had his first taste EVER of pork and beans. Unfortunately, he was not a fan.












I was unfortunately not feeling a burger, so I crushed up my patty and added it to some mac&cheese, which turned out to be pretty good. :)

And since Brent is now at work until 9:15, I have to decide what I want to make today. All of this blogging about food has made me huuuuungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment