Thursday, October 7, 2010

What's in a name?

We had our baby shower on Sunday and it was fabulous!!! Thank you SO much Mom and Whitney! :)

At the baby shower, we decided to announce the name.

Emmeline Cambria Johnson...
Elly, for short.


Unique and beautiful.
Emmeline is old English for Emily, but we actually discovered this name in a Harry Potter book. She is only mentioned a few times and she is not a very memorable character, but since we are both huge fans of the series we both noticed it. Brent took the name further and used it as one of his D&D character names a few years ago. When we first started thinking of names, I fell in love with Elly but knew that I didn't want that to be her full name and when Brent suggested Emmeline, it was perfect.

Cambria was also suggested by Brent. We both love the band Coheed & Cambria. He is a long time fan and I even have their lyrics tattooed on my back. We went through a lot of options before finally deciding on this, but it flows perfect with Emmeline and sounds gorgeous.

We decided to share the name because one of my good friends was generous enough to hand make me letters for her nursery and I just could not wait another six weeks to share the pictures.

[If you like these and would be interested in some she has an Artfire Shop and an Etsy Shop!]
Back to the baby shower... it was on Sunday, and I could not have asked for a better one. There were a few family and friends there, and everyone is so excited for Elly to be here and I had a great time celebrating with everyone. Brent even decided he wanted to be a part of it and came with me.

We got almost everything we really needed to give us a good start, and I feel much much more prepared now! My family and our friends have been wonderful and we really appreciate all of their support and help with our little girl! :)

We had our 34 week appointment yesterday, everything was great. My blood pressure is still low, my weight gain is normal, my size is still measuring with dates, and her heartbeat was loud and strong! He scheduled another ultrasound for next week, and then we have our 36 week appointment the week after. THEN it's weekly visits until she decides to come into the world!! I can't believe how close it is. :)

LOVE these shoes!! Thanks Brooke! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment