Saturday, October 2, 2010

Numbered.


Her days in the womb are numbered... 46 to be exact, not that I'm counting down or anything. :) However, I do have to admit, by this point I am over the pregnancy excitement and definitely ready to meet our little girl.

I am back to feeling exhausted ALL the time, I take a nap almost everyday. Some days even get two naps. My ankles and hands are swollen. The doctor recommended I wear compression socks, since the leg swelling was causing a lot of pain. I also can no longer wear my engagement ring for fear of losing all circulation in my finger. My back aches all the time, especially if I am up doing things for any amount of time or if I sit in my computer chair for too long (which I am experiencing right now). Sleep is impossible. Between the bathroom trips almost hourly and the fact that it is no longer possible for me to be comfortable, I only get a few hours of sleep at a time... if I'm lucky. That would probably explain the frequent naps. I won't even get started on the nesting. I see that as a positive thing though, I love nesting. Yesterday the house got a complete "deep clean", not that it really needed it, but it happened. Oh, and the hormones and mood swings. Poor Brent, that is really all I have to say.

I just keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in a few weeks. Brent has been extremely supportive through all of it. He hugs me every time I start crying, even if it is because I just dropped my spoon on the floor. He gives me multiple back rubs a day, plus foot massages every night. He also rubs tummy butter on my stretch marks before we go to bed. He would cook and clean, he has a few times, but I usually have those covered. He is wonderful, and I am very lucky to have him. He has made this a much more enjoyable experience all around.

The next few weeks are going to be pretty busy for us, lots of amazing things happening and lots to look forward to. Especially since I have had a feeling since the beginning that she is going to be an October baby. This makes me nervous, excited, and anxious all at the same time. I feel extremely unprepared for her still! I guess that is all part of parenting.

And since this blog documents all my pregnancy milestones, I have to admit that I got a little overly excited (probably way more excited than need be) when I noticed my nipple was leaking last night. YAY COLOSTRUM!

I also may or may not have gotten overly excited in Wal-Mart today when I noticed adorable tiny pink hangers.. I also may or may not have purchased a set of them. :)

Brent is even more excited as the day gets closer. He has made a huge playlist for her to play when I go into labor (to keep me calm, and hopefully coax her out faster) and to play for her once we get her home. Music is one of his biggest passions, and him doing this on his own shows me how much he already loves her. He also spends a few minutes every night talking to her, it is so cute. Sometimes it makes me teary eyed... okay, most of the time.

Big announcement coming in the next few days.. be watching for it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Is it the announcement I think it is? Will this announcement be internet wide? Can I talk about it afterwards? Or are we still not spreading the news to everyone?

    Also, if this comment is a breach in security, feel free to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The announcement is her name, which is already public on facebook... I just have to sort through the shower photos and make the post.

    The other BIG announcement will be made internet wide (read: facebook official) after it happens due to.. certain circumstances, which will be getting it's own post on el jay very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete