Friday, August 27, 2010

The Final Stretch


Finally made it to the third trimester! I say finally, but really the past 28 weeks have literally flown by and I can't believe that in only 12 short weeks Brent and I will get to meet our little girl! We are so excited!! :)

I have started putting her "nursery" together. I use the term nursery loosely because it's really just her section of the room since we want her to be in our room for at least the first couple of months. We don't have any furniture or anything bought for her yet since we are waiting for the baby shower, but it's fun to try and decorate and get things ready.

Weight update:
Pre-pregnancy -
168.0 lbs. [my scale]
First doctor appointment (8 weeks) - 174.0 lbs. [my scale], 176.0 lbs. [dr. scale]
28 week appointment - 193.8 lbs. [my scale], 194.2 lbs. [dr. scale]

So, I've gained about 25 pounds total.. which is within normal, but I still have 12 weeks to go. My doctor originally recommended that I gain 25-35 pounds based on my pre-pregnancy weight and height. That would put my delivery weight at 193-203 pounds.. which is still doable, but I'm not going to stop eating or anything to stay in that range. If I gain a little more, I'm okay with that.. just gotta keep Beannette healthy :). As far as my personal goal to stay under 200 pounds, I don't think that's gonna happen.

I also had my glucose test at my last appointment, it was absolutely terrible. I had to fast for 12 hours, which was bad enough because I get really nauseous if I don't eat every few hours. And then I had to drink this orange drink that was basically pure sugar. Remember that I have had a hard time stomaching anything too sweet this entire pregnancy, so add that to my empty stomach and I felt miserable. I had to sit on my sugar drink for an hour before going back and having a ton of blood drawn. Luckily, all of my numbers were within normal range which means NO gestational diabetes for me! YAY! :)

Symptoms I've been experience include: lots of back pain, swollen ankles if I stand or walk for too long, food aversions, insane appetite, headaches, bloody gums and sore teeth, and a complete lack of sleep which leads to exhaustion. For some reason I just cannot get comfortable at night, so I tend to wake up every couple of hours. Guess my body is just preparing me for what's to come...

We also got a little bad news at the appointment. My doctor is concerned that I am not feeling much movement from Beannette so he scheduled me for an emergency ultrasound. It is on Tuesday morning... I am trying not to be too worried about it, I feel like if he thought it was serious he would not have waited until Tuesday to schedule it.

I have also moved to bi-monthly appointments! :)
It's getting close...

No comments:

Post a Comment